Tuesday, June 23, 2009

MT HOOD: June 22 (Day 31)

Monday morning we awoke to just a few clouds with rays of sunshine peaking through. We drove up to Hood to find fresh snow at the summit.



We rode hard that day, despite less than ideal conditions. The clouds were rolling through for most of the day so we didn't do any filming or picture taking.

With the return of the sun also came the return of our camp neighbors. They were a bunch of interesting characters from Corvallis on a week long "getting back to nature" fest. Nate and I were just lucky enough to bump into them at Trillium.


The scene from our campsite

That night we hung out with our new friends and got to know them pretty well. We found out that Mandie was super good at cutting hair. She could immediately tell that Nate was 1 month deep into a campfest so she offered to help him out.



Nate getting his hair teased


Reactions were mixed.

We hung out by the campfire, chatted, and I took some pictures.



Rachel was super impressed with my camera, so I let her play around with it for a bit. Thanks for the pics Rachel.


Campfire.


Rachel's dude.


Our dude Steve. He's from the camp next door and really weirded everyone out.


Rachel and Mandy got involved in some hipster westcoast photoshoot.


So Nate got involved.


I couldn't help it either.


Nate and I are pretty stoked on OR. Live here one day?


By the end of the night Rachel was kind enough to let me stick my finger in her ear. Weird.

We went to bed, with a few more friends and ready to do some boardin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment