Friday, July 24, 2009

EDINBURGH AT NIGHT

So I'm finally here in Europe staying with my cousin Wojtek. Totally enjoying it; he's been showing me around Edinburgh for the past few days. It's a pretty cool town, totally different from the US. It even reminds me of Poland sometimes with the architecture and the fact that about 8,000 Poles live there.


Edinburgh is filled with small pubs that only serve booze and sit less than 25 people.


Tons of great beers there to try. (beer snob warning) This one is not a Carlsberg, but actually called IPA. Its totally different than IPA's in the States though. Its not hoppy at all and has a tone of caramel I think. They serve it fairly warm as well.


They love whiskey here as well. Classic Scottish whiskeys are extremely aromatic. Try one of these then take a whiff of Jack Daniels or Famous Grouse. You won't be able to smell anything in comparison. They serve whiskey warm, straight up, and with maybe a splash of water to dilute it a bit. Nice to try but I can't quite say I'm a fan.


Walking down some of the streets I feel like I'm in an old Sherlock Holmes movie. Very low lit streets, and the lights are extremely yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment