Saturday, May 30, 2009

HOTLANTA: May 27-28 (Day 5-6)

We left Charleston early Wednesday morning to head to Atlanta, GA to visit my brother and his family. I had to wake up Nate as we was pretty tired from beer tasting and cuddling all night. I ended up driving the whole way for said reasons, and unfortunately I don't have any scene pictures from the drive to Hotlanta. However, we did see a large female pulled over on the passing lane of a 4 lane highway (each direction). She felt that she didn't need flares or even her flashers on, so she stood infront of her car on her cell phone, sharking for a car to run into her at 75 mph.

We finally made it to Hotlanta early Wednesday afternoon. Chris and his wife Lindsay have produced quite a litter of kids and dogs for themselves:









After hanging out for a few hours we went to a nice Mexican restaurant. After following the advice of The Most Interesting Man in the World, I got myself a Dos Equis. I went wit hthe large glass, not knowing it was actually a Big Gulp cup. Nate got sot down for the first time in 3 tries getting served so I was well ahead of him for hte night. Later we explored the greener side of Atlanta and overD'd.

We woke up early the next morning and Lindsay put Nate's farming skills to the test. He helped her out in the backyard by turning over her garden and placing new soil. She then put my Alum engineering skills to the test when her refridgerator stopped running. Luckily we both passed and we were able to stay another night.

After completing our taskin's I introduced Nate to my scene: Indoor Gym Climbing


Photo by Nate

Its all the fun of outdoor rock climbing minus the SCENEry, and instead of falling onto rocks, your landing on soft foam pads (i.e. way lamer). Its a good workout though and fun to mess around.

We came home, Nate got hit on by some 6 year old girls, ate a ballin dinner and watched LBJ impose his will all over the Majic. All in all Hotlanta was a blast. I will totally miss my family, but not the mosquitos. Next stop St. Louis.

No comments:

Post a Comment